Exploring Spirituality Days
Gardening The Heart offers schools creative and accessible ‘Exploring Spirituality Days’ inspired by Jesus's outdoor teaching and spirituality, tailored to your schools SMSC and SIAMS development priorities.
A sense of journey is established through an introductory assembly at the the start of the day. Pupils are invited to participate in sensitively structured and differentiated outdoor activities that involve engaging the senses, nature connection, seasonal awareness, wonder walking, outdoor shared creativity. Seasonal reflection resources are also offered to awaken and inspire spiritual exploration, enable growth of self awareness and confidence.
Spirituality Enquiry questions include:
- What is spirituality?
- What difference can spirituality make in our lives and school community?
- What is spiritual journey?
These questions are explored through themes such as:
- Exploring Jesus’ spirituality – relationship with God in nature
- Creative story-telling through Parables– discovering spiritual treasure and values
- Gardening our hearts©– how gardens can help us understand spirituality and develop spiritual awareness
- Gardening activities – helping us to reflect on our inner thoughts, feelings and ideas
Click here for a taste of our Spirituality Safari days.
If you are interested in planning an 'Exploring Spirituality Day' with our support, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org